Saturday, July 17, 2010

More Than I Bargained For !

What did you hope for when you became interested in beads ?
Did you want to make something for yourself , give handmade gifts, create a source of income ?
Would your beading remain a hobby or did you dream of it becoming a full time job ?
I suppose I have to pick " all of the above "
With the exception of being able to quit my day job (I wish!),
my bead journey has fulfilled all my expectations and more !
However....
I seem to have gotten far more than I bargained for !!!

Last week Cathryn aka "chilecats" http://chilecats.blogspot.com/
e-mailed me to let me know she had shared some of my beads with Cherin aka "lanyard lady"
Cherin had graciously included the lovely lanyard she made with my beads in her blog !
http://lanyardlady.blogspot.com/2010/07/sisters-of-beadiverse.html#comment-form
WOW !!! :D
Cathryn has been a good customer of mine for forever it seems ..LOL!.
Although we have never met , and probability never will ,we are friends
We follow each others blogs. She has seen my work change (I hope improve)
I find inspiration seeing her designs .

You can really get to know someone by just by looking closely at their creations.I believe our art is truly an expression of who we are.
Your insides come out through your fingers when you create !

Because Cathryn shared her beads, I will get to know Cherin. Hopefully I will soon count her as a friend as well.
The simple act of stringing beads seems to create a universal connection .
Each time I read the world news, I am able put a face of a bead friend near the location of the story . I feel a very personal connection .
We may start out by sharing beads...how to make beads , how to use beads.
But ,somehow we end up sharing much more.
We are able to celebrate our differences and marvel at our similarities.
Our fingers are on our keyboards.But, our hands are joined around the world!
I hope as you sit down with your beads this week
you will take a moment to think if you too,
are getting far more than you bargained for !
Bead Happy , m.e. :)

2 comments:

  1. This is beautifully said! I'm so touched! Yes--I've watched your artistry grow and change--but I wouldn't say improved. That implies there was something wrong with your earlier work and I still use some of your earlier artist pieces! *grins at you*

    ReplyDelete