Saturday, September 11, 2010

Meditation

This month's ABS challenge piece is "Persia" by George Barbier
http://artbeadscene.blogspot.com/2010/09/september-monthly-challenge.html
What wonderful colors ,designs and very inspiring theme !!!
The work captivated me on many levels. I am so grateful it did !
Beads have historically been used to aid in pray and meditation . They certainly seem to help me to turn off outside worries and focus on inner peace .
This week I was scheduled for surgery . I needed a repair for a very ,very large hiatal hernia .
I was hopeful the procedure would go smoothly with no unwelcome surprises. It did !
But ,I was told I would not be able to return to my day job for 3-4 weeks . I knew the surgery would be a painful one with a tedious recovery . I was looking forward to being "fixed " but ,not to the actual "fixing ".
Last week when ABS posted the monthly challenge picture I decided to focus on beads not pre-surgical testing . I used the time waiting for tests and doctor consuls to plan my entry. The weekend prior to Surgery I created my vision . I really could not take time to worry about a hospital stay ...I was focused on how to fit my chosen elements together!!!
During my hospital stay I wrote both my description and my blog entry in my head !
Very likely I was mumbling about beads under anesthesia ...LOL!
Finally I'm home .The pain meds do muddle my brain . But , catching up with the bead world goings ons gives me a pleasant focus. Writing this blog is helping me clear my mind . (I hope it seems relatively clear anyway !!!) The next few weeks will be spent planning and creating new items to list in my store .
More Bead Meditation !
Hope your beads help keep you focused on all the good things in life !
Bead Happy !
m.e. :)

2 comments:

  1. Love the vivid colors in your necklace, you have captured the essence of the picture. Glad to hear your surgery went well, wishing you a speedy (beady) recovery!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You captured the colors so well- I love the orange fiber you used!! Very nice , glad you are on the mend. I agree that our obsessions with creating are very good at taking our minds off stressful situations. Art therapy!!

    ReplyDelete