Saturday, July 7, 2012

July ABS Challenge

Stay Inspired























Time for the July  ABS challenge
http://artbeadscene.blogspot.com/2012/07/july-monthly-challenge_03.html
This month many of us will be making bracelets to contribute to  the
Global  Genes 7000 Bracelets of Hope  Project.
The organization distributes donations of  handmade bracelets to  people affected by rare diseases.
So this month I had two wonderful inspirations, the ABS inspiration painting Picasso's Two Acrobats with a Dog and 7000 Bracelets of Hope !
The Global Genes  project has chosen blue as its signature color.
I decided to use as many blue shades as I could from the painting .
As an accent I loved how the chartreuse set off the blues .
I had the perfect color beads in my stash !  There were some nice graphic shapes in the painting as well . However ,my mind kept dwelling on the cause itself. Who would receive my bracelet ?
What might my bracelet mean to them ? I suppose we all want to say "we care about you "  "people who you will never meet hold you in their thoughts and prayers"
I decided to stamp some handmade beads with  few words I thought were important in the quest for cures , health and happiness.
I chose Hope,Courage,Knowledge and Love .

I hope there will be many ,many bracelets from the ABS challenge sent to the 7000 Bracelets project this month.
I hope there will be  many more sent during the year .
Each bracelet will be different,different styles,different beads.
But, I believe each will contain the positive  healing energy of human outreach and  heartfelt caring.
this week
resolve to send at least one bracelet to
7000 Bracelets of Hope
and
Bead Happy
m.e.

2 comments:

  1. Mary Ellen, I am late commenting as I was quite delayed getting started on this challenge... but I just had to mention how much I was moved by your description. I feel your beautiful creation, with its specially chosen words, will become a touchstone for someone experiencing anxiety over health concerns.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I whole heartedly agree. Made from our hands, reaching out with that human touch of support. I know you're beautiful (in energy and aesthetic) bracelet will have the wearer smiling

    ReplyDelete