Saturday, September 15, 2012

Spooky Season


Autumn's Art

At my house the days are still summery  warm.
However, the nights are starting to grow colder .
It's time to think about holiday designs.
First in my  line up are Autumn colors and Fall leaf themes
This week Mother nature sent me my first piece of inspiration.
Every September a weird and wonderful fungus grows under the oak tree in my front yard .
I believe it's called a chicken fungus. It's supposed to be edible and quite tasty. I have never been brave enough to taste it .
I prefer to think of it as an early Autumn Art sculpture .
It signals me that it's time to make a few spooky season beads and pendants . I  have already filled my shop with Fall colored leaf pendants and toggle clasps.
But,every year I like to make just a few glow in the dark Ghosties and Bat Fairies.
These make a quick Halloween necklace simply strung  on a chain or ribbon .
They can also make more intricate designs hauntingly beautiful.
Tip: don't hide your pendants away when they aren't being used.
Many make nice ornaments. I  keep a few little ghosts and bat fairies displayed on twiggy branches. Nice Halloween  decor and I can grab one for a quick gift if I need to !
 However,the real reason I make my spooky season designs , is because they are FUN to create. 
Every year they have a slightly different personality .
They just take on a life of their own as I make them .
Small little somebodies to share the season of spooky with me !
This week make something
Boo-tiful
and
Bead Happy !
m.e.   

2 comments:

  1. I love those bat fairies!!! You have such a way with polymer clay. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. As always, your observations and imagination intrigue me. Adorable pendants.

    ReplyDelete