Saturday, October 27, 2012

Gifts






















Watch out ! Here it comes ...
the Biggest gift giving season  of the year!
I was already buying my "Happy Holiday" presents  and "Thank You" Hostess gifts. Then and what to my wondering eyes should appear?
Three pregnant co-workers! Yes 3 !
Yikes! My budget was already busted from early holiday shopping.
How to say " I really care about you"&" Welcome new baby " on a shoe sting?
Easy , hurry on over to ETSY . I found the perfect things !
Handmade almost guarantees unique .
I can't tell you what I bought. I haven't given the girls the gifts yet.
But ,I found awesome gifts for three new little Baltimore babies .
And I ordered some items personalized too!
Perfect gifts ,all purchased while drinking my morning coffee in my jammies.
Does shopping get any better than that?
I plan to buy almost all " handmade" for Christmas .
It's certainly the best way to find something different for the"have everything "folks on my list .
For my Granddaughter's American Girl dolls ,ETSY is a wealth of well made, unique outfits .
I already already sent "Felicity "an adorable Minne Mouse dress and ears for Halloween.

But ,what does all this have to do with Beads?
Because Beads make the very best gift tie-on !
A great focal bead and a length of pretty ribbon comes off the box to become an instant necklace or  wrap bracelet . Substitute hemp or thin leather cord for the guys on your list.  A simple wire hook can transform most  art beads into splendid ornaments . You can even use a chain in place of ribbon. Try securing the "bow loop "with a twist tie or bit of left over wire ...cool!
If you really can't choose a gift, many shops now offer gift certificates . A beadie wrap would certainly make a special presentation for them.
Spend some time shopping handmade. You'll find wonderful ,unique gifts .
This week get ready
to dress your gifts in beads
and
Bead Happy!
m.e.

1 comment: