Saturday, November 24, 2012

Twas' the night before...


Ho Ho Holidays























'Twas the night before Christmas, when all through the house
Not a creature was stirring," except for my mouse.......
Why? 
Because I Love,Love ,Love on-line shopping !
In every other way ,the holiday season is about old fashioned traditions for my family .
We like to do things the same way ,year after year .
It seems to connect the generations past ,present and future.
Even the small  details are important to me. do e way year after year.
For example ,that's the only time of the year I make mashed potatoes and gravy from scratch .I'm ashamed to admit it.
But,the rest of the year my family gets those instant pkts.
Baking cookies is a ritual of remembrance.
I use the time worn recipe cards written in by hand by friends and family .
My tree is not decorator fancy .Rather it is a hodge podge of ornaments that each recall a special time ,place or person .
The idea of merry shoppers happliy  picking out gifts  from stores decked out in lights and greenery  is a lovey vision.
But , reality is more like swarms of stressed out shoppers pushing and shoving to grab the best deals .
To that tradition I say " No Thanks!"
Here I sit with a hot cup of coffee , dressed my cozy pj's, mouse in my  hand.
Great bargains to be had..easy to search for the weird and wonderful...perfect gifts a plenty
What's the Cherry on the my Christmas Cake of  gift giving?
I  can select from wonderful handmade and one of a kind items.
since I have a shop on ETSY I shop a lot on ETSY.
In fact,often if I make $10 I spend $15!
Not really good business management ...but, FUN!
One of my BBB (Best Bead Buddies ) Sarah from Saturday Sequins is hosting a Holiday Craft Fair on her blog ..lots of great links to gift goodies.
this week shop
but don't drop
hurry on over to the Saturday Sequins blog
and
Bead Happy !

1 comment:

  1. Yay!!! Thanks for blogging about this.

    PS: I'm very happy to be a BBB! <3

    ReplyDelete